Again, much to do, so I must be quick. Also very distracted by Jack Bear. Anyway, a few notes from my volunteer shift this morning:
– I wasn’t sure how long I’d last because I didn’t get much sleep last night, but I did okay. Got there on time and managed to do my full usual shift, despite slowing down a lot as I got hungry
– did not change parrot papers for I think the first time ever, which was disappointing, but still talked to most of them as I worked at other things
– spot-cleaned the usual enclosures and managed to not get bit nor pecked at
– one of the skunks had a seizure while I was in with them, which sucked. She was back on her feet not long after, but I hated the feeling of helplessness because all we can do when that happens is wait. Bless her little epileptic self. 😕
– I met Edward the micro pig and got to take him out for a walk!!! So awesome! He’s super friendly and cute and such a good little guy. Another volunteer came out with me because she’d been out with him once before and loves him, too, but he was my responsibility today, and I rocked it! Or rather, Edward rocked it. He even led us back to the door when he was done and ready to go back in. So awesome!
Anyway that’s all I feel like saying right now.
More tomorrow, I’m sure